Thursday, December 9, 2010

Unsweet Tea In Sweet Tea Country

GEORGIA... land of Sweet Tea, Grits, Waffle House, Bulldogs, Yellow Jackets,  Braves, Falcons, Peaches, Pecans, Vidalia Onions, Coca Cola and Southern Hospitality. The North Georgia Mountians have been our home for the past 11 years.  Since I was not born and raised in Georgia I consider myself an Unsweet Tea in a Sweet Tea land.  The Southern Hospitality thrives here, along with the age old question...."Bulldogs or Yellow Jackets????"  I have choosen not to take a side on that particular question.  Aside of that I do feel at home in Georgia.  


I have been married to my husband for 21 years.  We have been Homeschooling our children for 10 years.  It has been a blessing most of the time.  My daughter is a senior now, taking courses at a local college.  She is super motivated, by the age of 16 had a contract with a publisher for a book she had written.  The book has since been published, it is the first in a trilogy.  She is passionate about writing.  My Sons are not quite as motivated....with some encouragement they get most of their work done.  :)  However they are passionate about things...my 15 year old loves playing the drums..I know, you are saying "lucky us".  :) My 12 year old is finding a new passion....BB Gun Club.  This is better then the video games he love to play. 


So here I am blogging...My Friend Peg of 24 years came for a visit last week and got me started on Blogging.  I am sure I will either be thanking her or cursing her very soon.  Wish Me Luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment